Constituent Data Analyst: FOR-NY/AmeriCorps VISTA Member
FOR-NY is only as strong as the accuracy of the database we have to track constituents, partner organizations, volunteers, donors, media outlets, events, etc. We cannot spread our message without an organized, accurate contact database. If people are not well informed, the recovery movement will be negatively impacted. The VISTA would help us maintain our contact database and keep RCOs connected throughout the state to collaborate with each other about available resources and how to better support members in sustaining their recovery. The database is also the foundation of our ability to fundraise. Maintaining an up to date and accurate database, and being able to regularly analyze reliable data from routinely pulled reports is a key part of FOR-NY’s fundraising strategic plan for 2018. Increasing our capacity to do more with our new database will enable us to increase our capacity to raise the funding we need to be sustainable for years to come.
To ensure that individuals are connected with the tools and information needed to support recovery and long term economic stability, the AmeriCorps VISTA Project to Combat Addiction and Support Recovery will increase FOR-NY’s capacity by strengthening FOR-NY’s constituent management database enabling FOR-NY to connect the recovery community throughout New York to support collaboration in the community and increase the financial sustainability of FOR-NY for years to come.
The project is a 12 month term beginning as early as June 18, 2018 and lasting for 12 months. Objectives include:
- Working with the FOR-NY team on strategy and implementation of the new constituent management database
- Understanding communication needs and trends including the FOR-NY website, social media, and electronic communication
- Creating a user manual for the new constituent management database
- Participate in the implementation of the FOR-NY strategic plan for development and communications
Founded in 2008, Friends of Recovery – New York (FOR-NY) envisions a world in which recovery from addiction is both a common and celebrated reality. Our state and nation are in the midst of an opioid public health emergency. FOR-NY sees recovery, as part of a continuum of care model including prevention and treatment, as the antidote to addiction. We work with hundreds of people who can attest to the power and promise of recovery.
FOR-NY is located in Albany, New York. We are strategically located in the Capitol of New York State where policy decisions are made and where local organizations from throughout the state come to support recovery. The Capital Region is a wonderful, affordable place to live, with plenty of opportunities for entertainment including music, dance and delicious cuisine! The VISTA would help us maintain our contact database and keep Recovery Community Organizations connected throughout the state to collaborate with each other about available resources and how to better support members in sustaining their recovery.
By supporting FOR-NY’s work, the VISTA would be playing a pivotal role in reversing the opioid public health emergency and helping people find recovery for the long run. Required Skills:
- Demonstrated interest in addiction prevention, treatment and/or recovery work.
- Demonstrated expertise in Word, Excel, Outlook, social media, websites and webinars.
- Possessing skills in group facilitation, strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to prioritize projects and see them through to completion, demonstrated problem-solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Respect for economic and cultural diversity, experience working with diverse groups of people – Highly motivated and independent, yet team-oriented.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full time position located in the FOR-NY Office in Albany, NY. AmeriCorps/VISTA provides a Living Allowance, Relocation Allowance, choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Health Coverage*, and Childcare Assistance (if eligible).
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare.
How to Apply:
Please apply through the AmeriCorps VISTA application process through their website:
Send any questions about the position or application process to:
Development & Communications Manager
Friends of Recovery – New York
1529 Western Avenue
Albany, NY 12203