Friends of Recovery – New York (FOR-NY) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to demonstrate the power and promise of recovery from alcohol and drug addiction, and the tremendous value it provides individuals, families, and entire communities throughout New York State.
We envision a world in which recovery from addiction is not only common, but celebrated; a world in which the entire spectrum of effective prevention, treatment and support services are available and accessible to all.
Our Efforts Are Centered on 5 Core Beliefs
- Addiction is a public health issue
- Recovery is possible for everyone
- There are many paths to recovery and everyone gets there in his or her own way
- Adequate resources and support are necessary for sustained recovery
- Recovery is about reclaiming a meaningful life and role in society