2017 New York State Recovery Conference: Recovery Across a Lifetime
The 2017 New York State Recovery Conference – Recovery Across a Lifetime – will be held on October 1st & 2nd at the brand new and exquisite, Albany Capital Center. We’re working closely with our partners at ASAP and the NYCB to finalize what promises to be an exciting, informative, and not-to-be missed program!
The day and a half event will include inspiring speakers, twenty five professional workshops across five time slots, live music, performance art, screening of the documentary “Erasing the Stigma,” networking events, exhibits, and more.
- NYS Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul
- OASAS Commissioner Arlene González-Sánchez,
- Former Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor to the Assistant Secretary at the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Tom Coderre
- Pioneer Recovery Advocate, Stacia Murphy
Pathways of Recovery
- Faith-Based Recovery
- Harm Reduction
- Integral Recovery
- Refuge Recovery (The Buddhist Approach),
- ROCovery Fitness
- Y12SR (Yoga for 12-Step Recovery)
The Recovery Peer Workforce
- Integrating Peer Services into the Continuum of Care
- The Peer Career Path
- Peer Engagement Specialists
- Recovery Coaching
- Self-Care for Peer Professionals/Recovery Coaches
Recovery in our Communities
- Recovery Community Organizations
- Recovery Community and Outreach Centers
Families in Recovery
- Self-Care for Family Members
- Coping with the Loss of a Loved One
- Family Support Navigators
- Recovery Advocacy
- The Criminal Justice Approach to Recovery
- Engaging Youth in Recovery
- Intergenerational Recovery
- Working with Traditional & New Media to Communicate Messages & Engage Support
- Narcan and Peer Support
- Playback Theater: The Power of Sharing Your Story
- Recovery Services for Seniors
Register Today to Take Advantage of Early Bird Pricing!
Click here to review Sponsorship and Exhibitor opportunities.
Sign up to receive updates about the 2017 conference and other Recovery news and events.
Note to Prevention, Treatment and Peer Professionals: Continuing Education Credits Available: Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC), Certified Peer Recovery Advocate (CRPA), Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), Credentialed Prevention Specialist (CPS), Credentialed Prevention Practitioner (CPP)
Check out our collection of downloadable photos from last year’s conference and celebration.