2018 New York State Recovery Conference
The Journey to Recovery Wellness:
Home, Health, Community and Purpose
The 2018 New York State Recovery Conference – The Journey to Recovery Wellness – will be held on Monday, August 20th & Tuesday August 21st at the newly remodeled, Albany Marriott. Pre-conference activities, including a dance, will be held on Sunday, August 19th, beginning at noon. Together with our partners at ASAP and the NYCB we’re planning an exciting program!
The two and a half day event will include influential and inspiring speakers, Twenty-four professional 75 minute workshops, music, art, expanded networking opportunities, exhibits, wellness product raffles and more.
Pre Conference Recovery Institute
Sunday August 19, 2018 1:00 to 5:00 PM, sponsored by OASAS and FOR-NY for ALL Recovery Support Providers and Programs, regardless of funding source or affiliation; register by Sunday August 12 for this free event. Check out more information about the event in the doc below:
Trainers Networking Event
Sunday August 19th, 2018 5:00- 7:00 PM, for all trainers of peer professionals. Light food and beverages will be served. For more information and to register for this free event click here.
Preliminary Schedule and Workshop Information for the 2018 Conference
Scholarships for Peers Available for the 2018 Recovery Conference
Scholarships have been made available through OASAS funding for Peers to attend the NY Recovery Conference. Check out the link below for more information and the application to apply for the scholarships available for:
- Peers that have completed recovery coach training
- Peers that are CRPAs, provisional CRPAs or CARCs
- Peers that are currently volunteering at a Recovery Community Organization (RCO), Recovery Community and Outreach Center (RCOC), or Youth Clubhouse
- Peers that are currently employed within the SUD system and/or RCOC/RCOs
Scholarships for Youth/Young Adults Available for the 2018 Recovery Conference
FOR-NY, in partnership with ASAP/NYCB is excited to announce that OASAS approved funding to provide scholarships for Youth/Young Adults to attend the New York Recovery Conference. Selection criteria for Scholarship Awardees include any one of the following:
- Youth or Young Adults that have completed leadership or peer training; or
- Youth or Young Adults that are currently volunteering with a recovery organization;
- Youth or Young Adults who are committed to helping create the YVM-NY strategic plan!
- All scholarship recipients must commit to attend the entire conference.
Application Deadline: July 25th, 2018
Notifications to All Applicants: July 31st, 2018
The 2017 New York State Recovery Conference – Recovery Across a Lifetime – was held on October 1st & 2nd at the Albany Capital Center. The two-day event included a screening of the documentary “Reversing the Stigma”.
Check out our collection of downloadable photos from the 2017 conference and celebration.